Thursday 6 November 2008

we had discussions about the dialogue in the opening sequence, and because we really dislike the idea of background noise, we have decided to use a voice over for character exposition, and a slight description of the plot. we explored various films of the same genre to get an idea of their use of voice overs, we decided snatch used the most appropriate style, for what we wanted. here is the opening dialogue voice over of Turkish in ''Snatch''.

My name is Turkish.
Funny name for an Englishman, I know.
My parents were on the same plane when it crashed. That's how they met.They named me after the plane.Not many people are named after a plane crash.
That's Tommy.He tells people he was named after a gun.But I know he was really named after a famous th century ballet dancer.Known him for as long as I can remember.
He's my partner.Doesn't mean we hold hands or take walks.It means I try to keep him out of as much trouble as he inflicts on me.I give him a hard time.
Keeps him in check.But really, he's like my brother.What do I know about diamonds? I'm a boxing promoter.I was a happy boxing promoter until a week ago, and then:What do I know about diamonds?Don't they come from Antwerp?

After examing the use of cockney type language used in here, we have decided to write a simular script, to add to thetypical conventions of a british gangster film.

No comments: